Saturday, August 9, 2008

With Jason in Austin, TX


Nana and I had a great time with Jason in Austin this past week. We really liked going to chilly 68 degrees Barton Spring when Austin was hitting 104 degrees. I liked watching (not joining in) as Jason swam laps in the 900 ft long pool. Imagine millions of gallons of cold water a day... The water is soooo cold it took my breath away. We also liked our trip over to Whole Food Market. I would weigh even more if I lived near one of those stores but I had to get the whole-wheat peanut-butter chocolate chip cookies. Monday evening we went to watch the bats come out of the bridge over Town Lake. It's eery seeing 1.5 million bats going out to eat 30,000 lbs. of insects a night. We also visited a couple organic gardens to get ideas. We especially liked the Boogy Creek Farm east of downtown. We wish we could get to see Jason more often, so we're scheming to bring him back to Texas.

No comments: