Monday, July 21, 2008

Green Bay, WI


Well, after a long day of travel, here I am in Green Bay, at a cool 70 degrees (their high is colder than our low), close to the oldest continuously operating pro football Stadium. Yes "City Stadium", built in 1957, became "Lambeau Field" after Curly Lambeau died in 1965. It is so green up here since they've had a lot of rain. I have three days of training up here and go home on Friday (Green Bay to Cleveland to Houston to College Station -- only a 9 hour trip).

I met Nana at Love Field on July 15 and we drove home that night. She's missed her little Caleb and Madison ever since, so we'll have to go see them soon. Nana and I had to do a lot of watering during the past two weeks. We've watered every day since. The okra is starting to produce, while the squash is dying down.

Nana had a copperhead slither away just inches away a couple nights ago while we were unloading the mushroom mulch off the trailer. We now have a huge pile of mulch for the garden and other endeavors. I planted tomato seed from a rotten tomato in one of my old "coolers." Now I have a couple hundred "Early Girls" coming up to plant in August for this fall. I'll give away plants to whomever wants some.

Nana has been cleaning up the house. We never caught up from the last trailor load of her mom's stuff in May. Nana also wants to do a little painting in the next couple weeks.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

So Grandma's retirement isn't exactly relaxing yet?