Sunday, May 11, 2008

Time Flies

Who said that things slow down with retirement? Nana and I have been so busy I can't keep up with what we've done. I'm afraid to retire myself because then we'll be moving at warp speed.

Got rid of 5 ducks this past week. Finally planted the okra, eggplant, peppers, beets, and zucchini. Have had to do a lot of watering because of the draught. Brought another truckload of stuff from Nana's mom's house. Nana repainted a cabinet and has been going though boxes of stuff. Meanwhile Nana has had a fight with diverticulitus. And so on.

Last week was the annual International Team Excellence Competition and I was a judge for the 10th time. This year the competition was in Houston, so I commuted (4 hrs. a day). I judged teams from Boeing C-17 Retrofitting, from a chemical company in India, and from CSX railroad operations. All three had amazing projects and it was hard to tell who had done the best. Nana went with me on Wednesday to hear a speaker on Innovation and a speaker on Workplace environment. Then we ate lunch at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant.

It was great having all the kids call for “Mother’s Day.” Nana is a special mother! We're fixing to leave for Alexa's graduation this coming week. Really looking forward to this!

1 comment:

Alexa said...

We're looking forward to it too!